Tax Hub provides individuals and businesses with a variety of accounting services. We are currently looking for a Tax Associate.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, ability to accomplish tasks independently when necessary, strong communication skills and the ability to work well with our team.
To be considered for this position, you MUST include your resume AND a well-written cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position.
The Tax Associate is responsible for providing administrative and tax compliance support to the Tax Department. Prepares personal property tax returns, business license returns, simple premium and corporate Federal and State income tax returns and estimated tax filings to ensure compliance with Internal Revenue Service regulations. Tax associates will interview clients regarding income and expenses, and review income statements, expenditure documentation and other financial records.
- Coordinates tax department activities.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintains tax calendar and monitors due dates to assure set deadlines are met.
- Assisting external Auditors and downloading depreciation, investment, and trial balance reports for use by Dept in Tax Provision work.
- Request and mail checks for tax payments.
- Requires an Associates degree in Accounting;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 3-5 years experience with tax or accounting work preferred.
Tax Season: (Mid-January until Mid-April) – 30-40 hours/week available (number of hours flexible)
- Exact Hours TBD based on candidate availability
- Evenings (Monday – Friday) and Saturdays may required during tax season
Off Season: (Mid-April until Mid-January) – 25 hours/week available (number of hours flexible)
- Flexible daytime hours TBD based on candidate availability and office needs.
Benefits: Annual bonus
Job Type: Full-time
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Commitment to providing high level of client satisfaction
Enthusiastic and friendly disposition
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Previous experience preparing taxes and in a tax office environment
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Professional and courteous telephone and face-to-face etiquette
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and experience using Windows-based computer systems and Microsoft Office
- Prior experience filing taxes
- Accounting background
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Not applicable
Special Requirements Specific to Job
- Must be willing to work flexible hours